- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Nutrisca from Dogswell|
|Written by Pack Leader|
|Tuesday, 21 September 2010 23:32|
Generally, I make it a point to avoid writing reviews on pet food. There are simply too many types in the world and many that are good. Every animal is different and for me to say that one is better than another is like telling you that peas are better than carrots.
The parts that I’m interested in also pass muster. For example, this is a grain-free diet. Completely grain free – which is important to me. Dogs are omnivores (relax, raw food advocates - you can let dogs be the omnivores they are and still feed your raw foods). But, for those of us who prefer an easier (and safer) method of feeding, keep in mind that dogs can't process grains the way we do. So grain-free becomes very important. NUTRISCA™ dry dog food is one of the only grain-free formulas that doesn't use potato or tapioca as a binding agent, both of which are very high on the Glycemic Index. Instead peas and chickpeas are used, which are great sources of protein and fiber, and highly palatable.
Another interesting benefit is that you can move back and forth between the lamb and chicken flavors without worries. This is a good thing as pets can develop allergies if fed only one type of protein their whole lives.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 April 2014 19:50|
- Wine (and Dogs) Are Better with Age
- A Look at LICKS Pill-Free Supplements
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- 2014 Holiday Gift List for Dogs & Their People
- The New Cargo Liner from #SeatCovers4Knines
- PetsGEEKly: A look at the Neato Robotic Vacuum
- Use of the Cold Laser on Pets
- Using the ResQWalk App to Raise Funds for Animals
- Keeping Your Pets Teeth Clean (Without the Hassle) #SmoochUrPooch
- Can I Come Over and Ride Your Horse?
- Catifying Your Home: Design for the pampered cat
- Review of Healthy Horse Hors D’oeuvres
- Stray Dogs Attend Funeral of Woman
- Annual Arabian Horse Show
- Valentine’s Day Goes to the Dogs
- 10 Weird Things We Have to Explain to Visitors
- How to Choose A Farrier
- Join us at Woofstock in Chandler, AZ
- 6 Surprising Dog Superstitions