Alaska Air provides Fur-st Class™ Care for our four-legged friends. Their pet travel program offers options for transporting your pet safely. The following are their policies on pet-travel:
- Pets are allowed as both carry-on and checked luggage.
- Fees: $100 each way for both in-cabin and cargo travel.
– Brachycephalic or “short-nosed” dogs and cats are not accepted for travel in the cargo compartment on Alaska Airlines flights (including flights operated by Horizon, SkyWest, or PenAir).
– Brachycephalic or “short-nosed” dogs and cats may still travel in the cabin with their passenger provided their pet carrier fits under the seat.
This applies to the following breeds and mixed breeds thereof:
- Dogs: American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brussels Griffon, Bull Mastiff, Bulldog, Bull Terrier, Chow Chow, Dutch Pug, English Bulldog, English Toy Spaniel, French Bulldog, Japanese Boxer, Japanese Pug, Japanese Spaniel, Pekingese, Pug, Shih Tzu, Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Cats: Burmese, Exotic Shorthair, Himalayan, Persian.
– Pets may not be allowed as Checked Bags (cargo) if temperatures at departure or arrival destinations are extreme (whether hot or cold).
– Health Cert within 30 days; Not allowed to Hawaii, or in cargo to Reno,NV.
– Certain flights during the 2011-2012 holiday season will not be allowing pets as carry-on or checked baggage. Check their website for details.
– Dogs, cats, rabbits, and household birds are allowed as carry-on.
– Dogs, cats, ferrets, guinea pigs, hamsters, household birds, non-poisonous reptiles, pot bellied pigs, rabbits, and tropical fish are allowed as checked baggage.
For complete guidelines, check their site at: Alaska Air