How to Install Coyote Rollers
Are you having problems with coyotes coming into your backyard? Are animals coming by to take a dip in your pool during the summer months? If so, you may need to consider installing coyote rollers on your existing fence-line.
While there are several kits available that you can purchase and quickly install, some folks prefer to create their own. Here are some instructions that will walk you through the process.
Install Coyote Fencing Kits
We stumbled across this unique way of keeping dogs in the hard on homesteader. It’s a very easy fix and with a little effort, looks to be highly effective.
The theory is that the too line of the fence will roll, forcing the coyote (or dog) to fall backwards when he tries to clear the fence. Since dogs and coyotes generally utilize the top of a fence to pull themselves over, you can see how effective this simple process is.
We’ve found it to be quite effective for keeping pets in the yard and keeping wildlife out of the yard. Before you launch into your fencing, be sure to check out our extensive list of fences to keep dogs contained
Build Your Own Coyote Rollers
What you’ll need:
- PVC Pipe (½” and 3″ in diameter)
- Wire cable
- Eye bolts and nuts
How to Install:
- Attach the L-brackets on either side of the fence. You may need to reinforce it at key areas along the fence line, depending on the size of the fence.
- Run the wire cable through the small ½” PVC pipe.
- Thread that ½” PVC pipe through the 3″ PVC pipe.
- Attach the wire to the end of the fence with the eye-bolts.
Voila! Instant Coyote Roller!