Take Your Pet to Work Week
If you didn’t know it was Take Your Pet to Work week, don’t worry – you still have time to take advantage of Friday, which is the official day for dog visitors in the office. While every day at PetsWeekly is “Take Your Dog to Work Day.” not every company is as lucky as us. That’s why it’s so important to take advantage of an “official” day when it’s available.
Today we want to feature a company who handles this day better than any other company out there – probably because dogs and cats are an integral part of their work environment every day. Say hello to The Honest Kitchen, who has put together a series of fun games that you can play with the other dogs at work. (Of course, please be sure to exercise the appropriate caution in doing so!)
Here are few of our favorite office dog games:[heading style=”2″ color=”#996633″ style_color=”#996633″]Hide a Wish:[/heading] [youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfhGrfsjDQI”] [heading style=”2″ color=”#996633″ style_color=”#996633″]Smoochie Poochie Race:[/heading] [youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pbuj5yxwU”]
And , if you have a big yard or a doggy park near the office, try our own made up game: The Pecks for Pets Archery Course
Also, since Friday is Pet Sitters International’s Take Your Dog To Work Day®, we wanted to give you some interesting facts that you may not have known and some tips on how to make it a successful day for everyone at the office, as well as your dog. If you haven’t already, head on over to http://www.TakeYourDog.com and pick up a free Action Pack to help get your place of business involved. (This is an excellent day to talk your company into hosting an adoption day, for example…)
- TYDTWDay® was first celebrated in 1999.
- It was created by Pet Sitters International (PSI) to celebrate the great companions dogs make
and promote their adoptions.
- The event encourages employers to experience the joys of pets in the workplace for one day
to support their local pet community.
- TYDTWDay is an annual event and is always celebrated on the Friday following Father’s Day.
It also accommodates cat lovers (and other pets) and those who cannot participate on TYDTWDay.
The entire week leading up to the event, June 17-21, is Take Your Pet To Work Week™.
- Event creator PSI is the world’s largest educational association for professional pet sitters. For
any day pets can’t be at work, pet owners can search PSI’s Official Pet Sitter Locator free-of-charge to find a local professional pet sitter.
- PSI feels that through the events, non-pet owners are able to witness the special bond their coworkers have with their pets firsthand and be encouraged to adopt a new best friend of their own.
- An estimated 300 businesses participated in the inaugural celebration of TYDTWDay. Since that
time, America’s love affair with pets and interest in TYDTWDay has grown to an all-time high.
We do hope that even if you haven’t had a chance to get involved this year, you’ll mark your calendars for next year and help your office create an event that will be leg-en-da-ry![load_module id=”582″]