Helping Those Who Help Animals with 1-800-Pet-Meds
When we first started PetsWeekly almost eight years ago, one of our goals was to create a program where animal rescues could benefit from our work. We are active foster failures (meaning we usually wind up keeping the animals we foster – but we do try!), we donate thousands of dollars in pet supplies with the help of our many sponsors, and we have secured tens of thousands of dollars through cash grants and winnings for rescues over the years.
But mostly, we have worked hard to provide many informative articles about how families can live in harmony with their pets. We try very hard to address many problems so that people will keep their pets rather than relinquish them when something goes wrong.
This month, we continue our efforts through a new partnership with 1800petmeds. Through this program, we will be able to provide hundreds of dollars in pet supplies to people who rescue animals – both individuals and groups. If you are an individual in need of one or more items on this list for a foster pet, senior pet, or special needs pet, please leave us a comment below or contact us using the form at the end of this article and tell us why you would benefit from the item.
We’re hoping that we can get the items to people who will use them for helping out pets they have rescued.
Here’s the list for October,2013 (the products will change each month):
We’re very excited about this program for many reasons: not only do we get to show off all of the amazing items that 1800PetMeds carries (many of which we bet you didn’t know about), but also because we get to build awareness about products that make the lives of pets and their people much easier.
Now, a disclaimer: these items are ones that have been returned due to a scratch or ding, or the people just changed their minds after ordering. They are all new; and the shampoos, food or medical items have never been opened. But, we wanted you to be aware of this before you fill out this form to participate. If you are interested in being one of the rescues (or individuals) who receives any or all of these items, please sign up here and we’ll select rescues each month.
Here is a short list of the amazing things we get to give away to rescues that 1800PetMeds has donated:
- Pet Gear Expedition Extra Large Pet Stroller: This stroller, which can hold up to 145 lbs, is great for large dogs or several smaller pets. The stroller is sturdy, durable, and handles effortlessly. The top also folds down so that it can be stored in your car trunk. Pet strollers like the Expedition Pet Stroller are ideal for helping senior or arthritic dogs, and those that have recently had surgery.
- SolvIt Stay-put Full Coverage Sofa Protector: The Solvit Sta-Put Full-Coverage Pet Sofa Protector provides complete coverage from pet dander, dingy paws and pet fur on the back, sides, cushions and even the front section of your sofa. It is made out of soft micro-suede.
- Pet Gear All-weather Full-length Bi-fold Pet Ramp: The Pet Gear Travel-Lite Tri-Fold Dog Ramp is an ideal pet accessory to help your dog or cat climb in and out of cars, SUVs, trucks, and vans. It measures 71 inches in length, and the security straps help to keep the pet ramp stable when used in the trunk/rear loading area. Although dog ramps are often used to help senior or arthritic pets, they can also be used to help younger pets reduce the risk of developing arthritis.
- Pet Gear Designer 3-step Pet StairThese steps protect your pet’s joints from the pressure of jumping on and off furniture. It has wide, deep steps for easy up and down for both small and large pets, and includes a carpet tread on each step to add traction and make your pet feel safe while climbing to his or her favorite spot.
- Pet Bed Sheepskin Snoozer
- Wysong Anergen:This is a hypoallergenic, unispecies food that can be given to both dogs and cats. It was developed specifically for dogs and cats who have allergy problems or cannot eat traditional pet food.
- 1-800-PetMeds Joint Chewys 120ct: Joint Chewys contain glucosamine, MSM, and omega oils, which all work together to help strengthen your pet’s joints. It also contains creatine which encourages cellular reconstruction.
- Be Flea Free: 1-800-PetMeds Be Flea Free Shampoo contains natural ingredients that kill and repel fleas and mosquitoes on contact. Natural oils from rosemary, peppermint, clove, and cedarwood make this product a great alternative to other shampoos containing harsh chemicals. Be Flea Free Shampoo also soothes your dog’s skin with vitamin E and lanolin.
- Oatmeal and Aloe vera shampoo 1800: Oatmeal and Aloe Vera Shampoo is a gentle and effective shampoo to help moisturize dry and irritated skin. Made in the USA.
- 1800PetMeds Flea Forex Shempoo: Flea4X Shampoo contains permethrin, an insecticide that controls fleas and ticks on contact.
- 1-800-PetMeds Super VitaChews For Dogs 60 Chewable Tablets: VitaChews comes packed with 11 vitamins and 10 minerals to ensure that your dog doesnt miss out on any of the nutrition he or she needs. Its a balanced high potency supplement that, when given on a daily basis, will not only keep your dogs insides healthy, but his or her skin and coat healthy, as well.
- Max’s Super Dental Wipes: A helpful alternative to brushing your pet’s teeth. Each wipe is mint-flavored and helps clean your pet’s teeth to prevent tartar and plaque buildup. Recommended by top dental veterinarian specialists as an excellent way to keep your pet’s teeth plaque-free.
- Hairball plus for Cats: Hairball Plus For Cats is loaded with omega fatty acids, zinc, and biotin, to support skin hydration and resiliency and hair and tissue health. It also contains Psyllium, a soluble fiber, which helps move hairballs through the digestive tract.
- Super Pure Omega 3 Soft Chews: Antioxidants such as Omega 3 help prevent free radicals from causing damage to the cells of organs in the body. Super Pure Omega 3 comes in a softgel and is made with pharmaceutical grade omega 3 fish oil.
- 1-800-PetMeds Ear Cleansing Solution 16 oz Btl: This is a specially formulated solution used to clean, dry, acidify, and deodorize your pet’s ear canal. The cleanser makes it difficult for bacterial or fungal infections to occur. Made in the USA.
- 1-800-PetMeds Shed Terminator For Cats 360ct: Each chew contains a special blend of natural oils, herbs, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins that can effectively reduce unwanted shedding in dogs while providing a healthier and shinier coat.
- Be fresh dental care solution: 1-800-PetMeds Be Fresh Dental Care Solution is a liquid solution that you add to your pet’s drinking water to help your pet maintain healthy teeth and gums. Effectively brightens teeth with proven whitening agents. Be Fresh is completely safe and undetectable. Made in the USA.
- Miscellaneous: We have several other smaller items such as catnip, cat beds, various pet foods, toothbrushes for pets, and more. These will be included with whoever receives this month’s shipment.
To participate in this program, fill out this form. We are going to be doing bulk donations to rescues who participate and we’ll be rotating the lists as we move through the year.
And please take a moment to help me thank 1-800-Pet-Meds for their assistance. If you do any shopping for pet supplies, we hope you’ll consider doing it at their site. They’ve really stepped up to help out rescues and assist those in need!