Take Your Dog To Work Week
While we’re lucky enough to spend just about every waking with our dogs and cats, we know a lot of you don’t have that luxury. Next week, every one will have the opportunity to take their dogs to work – because it’s officially “Take Your Dog To Work Week” (#TYDTWW)!
Having an official week like this is important for corporations, because if it’s done correctly, everyone can benefit from having dogs in the workplace. Dogs promote a happier work environment, can keep employees calm just be being around them, and can give everyone a chance to laugh when they may otherwise not do so. We all know how important laughter is in the workplace.
Today, you should talk to your boss and see what the office policy is on this holiday next week. If they aren’t totally sure about allowing this, we have some office antics that can help even the most reluctant boss change their mind…
For example, The Honest Kitchen allows pets in their offices every day of the week. Not only are dogs an integral part of their work environment, but they create a more motivated employee. Take a look at some of the fun office games The Honest Kitchen has created to promote a healthy workplace environment for their employees dogs…
[heading style=”2″ color=”#996633″ style_color=”#996633″]Smoochie Poochie Race:[/heading] [youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pbuj5yxwU”]
And , if you have a big yard or a doggy park near the office, try our own made up game: The Pecks for Pets Archery Course[youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rntYO6GnyZ0]
[heading style=”2″ color=”#996633″ style_color=”#996633″]Hide a Wish:[/heading] [youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfhGrfsjDQI”]
And all of you bosses out there, listen up. This is a wonderful week to show your support by hosting an adoption event, bringing in some dogs for your employees, and even just bringing your own pets to work.[load_module id=”210″]
“2016 marks the 18th annual celebration and we hope that the increasing acceptance of pets in the workplace will open the door for even more companies to celebrate dogs and promote their adoptions by hosting a TYDTWDay event,” said PSI President Patti Moran.
Download your FREE Take Your Dog To Work Day Toolkit from PSI to make sure the day is a success. Take Your Dog also provides free action plans to help get your business involved. Since Friday is Pet Sitters International’s Take Your Dog To Work Day®, we wanted to give you some interesting facts that you may not have known and some tips on how to make it a successful day for everyone at the office, as well as your dog.
- TYDTWDay® was first celebrated in 1999.
- An estimated 300 businesses participated in the inaugural celebration of TYDTWDay. Since that time, America’s love affair with pets and interest in TYDTWDay has grown to an all-time high.
- It was created by Pet Sitters International (PSI) to celebrate the great companions dogs make and promote their adoptions.
- The event encourages employers to experience the joys of pets in the workplace for one day to support their local pet community.
- TYDTWDay is an annual event and is always celebrated on the Friday following Father’s Day. It also accommodates cat lovers (and other pets) and those who cannot participate on TYDTWDay. The entire week leading up to the event, June 17-21, is Take Your Pet To Work Week™.
- Event creator PSI is the world’s largest educational association for professional pet sitters. For any day pets can’t be at work, pet owners can search PSI’s Official Pet Sitter Locator free-of-charge to find a local professional pet sitter.
- PSI feels that through the events, non-pet owners are able to witness the special bond their coworkers have with their pets firsthand and be encouraged to adopt a new best friend of their own.
- It also accommodates cat lovers (and other pets) and those who cannot participate on TYDTWDay. The entire week leading up to the event, June 20-24, is Take Your Pet To Work Week™.
See for yourself all the benefits of hosting TYDTWD and don’t forget to visit us on Facebook and Twitter to show off your pics! We want to see some great things coming from this event![load_module id=”582″]