- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Customized Pet Food with Red Moon|
|Written by Pack Leader|
|Tuesday, 16 March 2010 15:33|
Page 1 of 2
We recently learned of a new company called Red Moon Custom Petfood which specializes in customized diets for dogs and cats.And when we say customized, we mean customized. This is a diet that you can create yourself, complete with supplements, high-quality ingredients and rigorous testing requirements. You tell them what you want in it - they create it and ship it for you. It even comes complete with 110% money-back guarantee. If that doesn't demonstrate confidence, I don't know what will. Despite the fact that we rarely (never) do reviews of pet food, this was such a unique concept that we of course had to give it a try and bring you the results.
All of our pets are unique and they each deserve a food that is specialized as they are. Whether this mean a RAW diet, a prescription diet, an “OTC” diet, or a "make your own" diet, feeding is really something you need to consider carefully. For those of you who have dogs or cats with special needs, this is a unique way to take control of their feeding.
Read on for the details about this fur-tastic line of pet food! (Before you order, be sure to use the coupon to save $3!)
Not only is this a fun way to order pet food, it’s a healthy way to take control of your pets diets. Red Moon is another option you have in feeding.
Here’s how it works:
1. You go online to Red Moon Custom Pet Food and choose your species (dog or cat). We chose “dog.” (Before you do all of that, be sure to write down this coupon code: PetsWeekly - it will save you $3 on your first bag!)
2. You choose a base formula and energy level. These formulas are already a complete diet so you don’t need to worry about whether your pet is receiving the proper amount of Taurine or Protein or Karotine (see the next page to view the detailed analysis). Each formnula is 100% complete in their base form. We chose the “Lamb and Potato” as our base, and selected a "Senior or Weight Management"energy level, primarily because our dogs are older and mostly just lay around all day.
3. Choose the size of bag. “We started with the trial size which is 2.5 lbs. Pricing thus far is:
4. Choose the kibble size. (Currently they have one size available which is a medium kibble – good for nearly any size dog). Within the next few months, several different sizes will become available. Keep that in mind if you set your order for an "automatic reorder." They have lots of new features on the way.
5. Choose your supplements. This can range from added Omega Fats for a healthier skin and coat, to an antioxidant formula that will assist in boosting immunity. The customized cat screens will include a whole different set of supplements that are only available to our favorite felines. For now, we chose five additions at $1.79 per supplement:
6. Name your pet food and review your final formulation. We named our creation “Cheiss” so we can tell which dog gets which formula. However, you can be as creative as you want. Within the next two weeks, Red Moon will also allow you to upload your pets picture to create a "cover" on the packaging. This is a very neat feature that we can't wait to see!
7. Check out. Our new total was $12.57 and shipping is included. Total price was $13.97 with taxes.
It took UPS about four days to deliver our food. So - all told, you're looking at about 4-5 days from development and purchase to your front door. Not too shabby for a custom order!
How Our Pets Liked It:
Cheiss, our most selective eater, shied away from it at first, but upon seeing Tristan and Roscoe wolf it down, he tried it and immediately loved it.
Now, as I'm sure you can understand, we haven't been able to assess the long-term effects of the food on our pets. For one, we only ordered a 2.5 lbs bag of food which lasts us about two feedings. But, that's because we have over 300 lbs of dog in the house.
However, after looking at the difference between what we’re feeding now and Red Moon, we can already tell you how much better we like the Red Moon (or should I say, "Cheiss") brand. Not only did the dogs love it, the cats even got in on some of the action and we had to ultimately place the food in the garage so the animals wouldn't rip up the bag to gain access. For us, that's always a good sign.
The Red Moon brand looks better, it obviously tastes better to the dogs, and it's a much better nutritional blend for the animals. In short, we are very comfortable in saying that Red Moon is really onto something. not only does the unique packaging make pet owners feel they are taking an active part in their pets lives by insuring that the correct pets are getting the correct foods, it allows for much better control over feeding, creates the ability for custom diets to be easily fed - even if you're out of town or someone else is feeding (just match the picture and name to the correct animal!), and creates an opportunity to get owners truly involved with what they are feeding their pets.
Red Moon uses only the freshest organic ingredients gathered from local services and farms - most within a 100-mile radius of their facility. If it can't be found nearby, it's brought in from regions who specialize in high-quality, USDA-certified, human grade iingredients. The salmon is outsourced from the Pacific Northwest where the freshest, most tastiest salmon in the world resides. The lamb comes from a location in New Zealand and is from grain-free, range-fed livestock.
Strict control processes are in place to guard against possible contamination and each batch is tested individually.
Specialized diets become a breeze and your creation is always saved so reorder is a cinch. If we were going to recommend a food, this would be one that we would recommend. Visit Red Moon Custom Pet Food and see for yourself.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 April 2014 19:50|
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- 2014 Holiday Gift List for Dogs & Their People
- The New Cargo Liner from #SeatCovers4Knines
- PetsGEEKly: A look at the Neato Robotic Vacuum
- Use of the Cold Laser on Pets
- Using the ResQWalk App to Raise Funds for Animals
- Keeping Your Pets Teeth Clean (Without the Hassle) #SmoochUrPooch
- Clear Conscience Clear Label Treats
- PetsGEEKly: GoGo Dog Pals for Prey-Driven Dogs
- 10 Weird Things We Have to Explain to Visitors
- How to Choose A Farrier
- Join us at Woofstock in Chandler, AZ
- 6 Surprising Dog Superstitions
- 5 Steps to Setting up your First Aquarium
- This DIY Pet Bed is the Cat's Meow
- Wally's World: Featured Adoption
- 10 Possible Reasons Your Cat Is Behaving Badly
- Cats in the Online Gaming World
- Teaching Children to Approach Horses