- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
The Pack's Travel Club
|Traveling with Pets, Part One: Trains and Buses|
|Written by Tammy Souch|
|Friday, 27 July 2012 20:48|
In this three part series on traveling with pets, we’re going to give you a lot of valuable and time-saving information that is bound to help you have a successful trip—no matter how you choose to travel. We’ll be covering travel on trains, buses, planes and of course, by automobile.
Amtrak is the only national passenger train service in America, and unfortunately, they don’t allow companion animals. The only animals allowed on board are service animals, and if you plan to travel with a service animal, you’ll have to make your reservations by calling Amtrak—you can’t make them online.
Guidelines for Service Animals:
For more information on traveling with animals on Amtrak, read their Service Animals and Pet Policy.
You can get in touch with Amtrak by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) or using their contact form.
Additionally, if your trip could be serviced by a more region-specific company, visit this site to look at some other options in your area.
All of our research has shown us that most bus lines have similar policies when it comes to bringing pets on board—service dogs only. Greyhound and Peter Pan allow service animals (view their policies here: Greyhound – Peter Pan), but Trailways may be a good option if you’re looking to bring your dog or cat as a companion, and not for service reasons. Trailways is a line of independently owned bus lines (you can find a local Trailways affiliate by clicking here), and while Trailways itself allows one pet under 25 lbs and secured in a pet carrier per passenger, each affiliate may have different policies, so be sure to check with your local affiliate before making any solid plans.
You may also enjoy these related articles from PetsWeekly:
|Last Updated on Monday, 07 January 2013 05:32|
- PetsGEEKly: World's First Implantable GPS Microchip
- QuikShade Beds for Pets
- FDA Warns Tear-Stain Removal Companies
- TELO-20: Extending Your Dog's Lifespan
- PetsGEEKly: Motorola Scout 66 Wi-fi Pet Monitor
- Revitamal #AntiAgingPets Supplement for All Species
- PetsGEEKly: Samsung SmartCam HD Pro
- Why You May Need to Have an Indoor Potty for Pets
- Merrick Pet Food and the #BestDogEver
- Cleaning Tips for Shedding (and Dust) Season
- 10 Possible Reasons Your Cat Is Behaving Badly
- Cats in the Online Gaming World
- Teaching Children to Approach Horses
- Before and After Pictures of Rescued Pets Show Inner Beauty
- Desert Dangers: The Bark Scorpion
- Titus: A Cautionary Tale
- An Ode to My Dogs
- Cashel Crusader Fly Mask Review
- Get Killed Off by George RR Martin and Help Save the Wolves
- A Recap in Pictures of BlogPaws 2014