- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
Walk On The Wild Side
|How to Help Coastal Animals|
|Written by Administrator|
|Friday, 30 April 2010 20:16|
The oil spill off the mouth of the Mississippi River has been declared a “spill of national significance,” and threatens damage to the Gulf Coast—perhaps for months and even years to come. With the first wave of the oil slick expected to impact coastal Louisiana as early as Thursday evening, Governor Bobby Jindal has declared a state of emergency.
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) is joining with their partners at the local, state and federal level to begin registering volunteers to assist with spill recovery efforts.
You can mail donations and sign up as a volunteer below:
Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana
Other organizations assisting in this effort include:
How to Help:
Quote from the CCLR: "We do not know the location or the extent of impact to birds, wildlife, and habitat at this time. What we do know is that we need to be ready with on-call volunteers in the event that they are needed. National Wildlife Federation, National Audubon Society, the Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program and the Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana are building a list of volunteers prepared to help with this response.
Louisiana is experiencing another catastrophe and we are happy to accept donations of equipment or funds to assist in recovery efforts. Our organization has worked on coastal issues in Louisiana for over 20 years and we have partnered with several other local and national organizations working on this effort.
Donations of equipment or funds will be utilized by our partner organizations toward common needs associated with mobilization of volunteers, equipment, food and lodging, transportation and disposal of hazardous material. We do not know the location or the extent of impact to birds, wildlife, and habitat at this time."blog comments powered by Disqus
|Last Updated on Friday, 30 April 2010 21:23|
- Wine (and Dogs) Are Better with Age
- A Look at LICKS Pill-Free Supplements
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- 2014 Holiday Gift List for Dogs & Their People
- The New Cargo Liner from #SeatCovers4Knines
- PetsGEEKly: A look at the Neato Robotic Vacuum
- Use of the Cold Laser on Pets
- Using the ResQWalk App to Raise Funds for Animals
- Keeping Your Pets Teeth Clean (Without the Hassle) #SmoochUrPooch
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Can I Come Over and Ride Your Horse?
- Catifying Your Home: Design for the pampered cat
- Review of Healthy Horse Hors D’oeuvres
- Stray Dogs Attend Funeral of Woman
- Annual Arabian Horse Show
- Valentine’s Day Goes to the Dogs
- 10 Weird Things We Have to Explain to Visitors
- How to Choose A Farrier
- Join us at Woofstock in Chandler, AZ