- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Dookie Houser Ferret Hideaway|
|Written by Tammy Souch|
|Monday, 04 April 2011 00:00|
At PetsWeekly we aren’t just about cats and dogs – we endeavor to cover the entire scope of pets that our readers have in their lives. Lovers of ferrets and other small critters, you are no exception.
As you probably know, ferrets love curling up in small, dark spaces. If you’re the type of ferret owner who likes to keep your ferret out of their cage for most of the day while you’re around, you should take a peek at the Dookie Houser wooden burrows from Ferret Hideaway. These all natural wood hideaways are a decorative and fun way to give your little critter a place to sneak off for a nap when they feel the need.
Each Dookie Houser is coated with a soy-based, non-toxic finish to protect the wood from wear, moisture damage, and mold. Not only that, but they have a neat flip top lid that makes them easy to clean, and makes it easy to reach in and pick up your little furry friend when you need to. They make them all by hand meaning every burrow is a one of a kind. There are currently 17 hideaway designs to choose from on their website, but if you don’t see a design that catches your eye, they will gladly custom build one for you.
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t use a Dookie Houser as your ferret’s regular cage, as they aren’t secure like a standard metal cage, and you don’t want them using it as their toilet, because that would damage the wood over time. Place the hideaway in your critter’s cage for them to curl up in, but be careful if you select a design that has other wooden pieces attached to it (such as the Balloon Fun and Home Sweet Home burrows). If your ferret is a chewer, or if you have a young ferret who is teething, they could chew off tiny bits of the decorations and possibly choke on them.
Though they seemed a little highly priced to us at first ($40-$70 each, depending on size), they are built to last, the construction of the burrows are 100% guaranteed for the lifetime of the burrow, and they cover the shipping costs.
The Dookie Houser burrows are absolutely adorable, earth friendly, and to top all of that good stuff off – a portion of all purchases are donated to no kill shelters.
Don’t forget to send in photos of your Dookie Houser in action!blog comments powered by Disqus
|Last Updated on Monday, 06 June 2011 06:46|
- The New Cargo Liner from #SeatCovers4Knines
- PetsGEEKly: A look at the Neato Robotic Vacuum
- Use of the Cold Laser on Pets
- Using the ResQWalk App to Raise Funds for Animals
- Keeping Your Pets Teeth Clean (Without the Hassle) #SmoochUrPooch
- Clear Conscience Clear Label Treats
- PetsGEEKly: GoGo Dog Pals for Prey-Driven Dogs
- WaterCollar - A PFD for Dogs
- PetsGEEKly: World's First Implantable GPS Microchip
- QuikShade Beds for Pets
- 10 Weird Things We Have to Explain to Visitors
- How to Choose A Farrier
- Join us at Woofstock in Chandler, AZ
- 6 Surprising Dog Superstitions
- 5 Steps to Setting up your First Aquarium
- This DIY Pet Bed is the Cat's Meow
- Wally's World: Featured Adoption
- 10 Possible Reasons Your Cat Is Behaving Badly
- Cats in the Online Gaming World
- Teaching Children to Approach Horses