- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Fresh Dog Shampoo Powder – Making Fido Fresh|
|Written by Tammy Souch|
|Saturday, 18 August 2012 00:00|
At PetsWeekly, we’re always happy to try out products that help keep our dogs smelling fresh between baths, and we’re sticklers on never using anything with harmful chemicals. So, when Fresh Dog approached us to review their Fresh Dog Shampoo Powder, our eyes went immediately to the ingredient list. Thankfully, we were very impressed with what we read there:
And that’s it. No synthetic fragrance, no preservatives, no detergents...
While some dog shampoos and between-bath treatments tend to smell a little bit like cheap perfume, we were pleasantly surprised by the powder’s light scent—it wasn’t overpowering at all...
At this point we deemed it safe enough to use on one of our dogs who doesn’t have any sensitivity issues. While the application was a bit messy (we’ll give you some tips on dealing with that a little later), it was a fast and easy process: shake the powder on, rub it in, and wipe away excess. Done.
After applying the powder, the dog rolled around happily on her back, and I noticed the residue on my hands. I have some spots of eczema, and generally any beauty product that leaves a residue like that will irritate my skin, and usually within 15 minutes. Rather than wash it away, I decided to experiment by leaving the remnants of the dry shampoo on my hands. To my surprise, an hour passed, and no itchiness or irritation flared up at all. That’s almost unheard of it when it comes to these hands of mine!
With all of the good things it has going for it, we’re giving Fresh Dog Shampoo Powder the PetsWeekly playbow of approval, and we want to leave you with some tips:
What are your favorite ways to keep your dogs smelling clean between baths? Let us know in the comments!blog comments powered by Disqus
- Wacky Paws' Colorful Line of Products
- Skunk-Off Eliminates Odor
- Creative Leashes For Your Dogs
- Collars with a Higher Purpose
- Soggy Doggy Doormat
- Top 10 Impressive Pet Products from Global Pet Expo
- The Honest Kitchen: A Brief Look
- Types of Collars and How to Select
- Preventing Accidental Overdose in Pets
- Stylish Winter Fashion for Pets
- The Rescue Rap
- Senate Bill Trains Police on Recognizing Dog Behavior
- Pet Cremation: Resources for Our Canadian Readers
- Do You Really Have The Commitment To Own A Horse?
- Journey of Woman and Her Dog Around the World
- Dog Collars Through The Ages: A Short History
- Sandy Robins Honored at Global Pet Expo 2013
- Workouts Gone Wild
- AZ Mexican Wolf Reportedly Doing Well
- 10 Ways to Help Independent Rescuers