- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Silver Tails for Senior Pets|
|Written by Pack Leader|
|Thursday, 29 March 2012 00:00|
By 2015, more than half of all of the pets in the United States will be considered senior. Veterinarians recommend that senior pets receive special attention and care to maintain optimum health and maximum vitality. So when we first heard about the new Silver Tails line of pet care products from Quaker Pets, we were intrigued.
As the caretaker of many elderly animals, it’s refreshing to see a manufacturer devote an entire line of products to the care of senior pets. We started out with a close look at the new dental line of products.
Our elderly Chow/Shepherd mix, Cheiss, has always had issues with his teeth (a result of his addiction to Kong rubber balls). Keeping his teeth clean is something we try very hard to do. The Silver Tails Vet-tech Dog Dental Cleaning System includes everything you need to keep your pets gums and teeth in tip-top shape. The absorbent micro-fiber heads were developed to thoroughly extract brushing debris, and they are perfect for sensitive teeth. At only $16.99, this is a great way to keep your pets healthy.
The other interesting item that Cheiss received is the Magnetic Therapy Collar. If you haven’t heard, magnetic therapy is all the rage this years. Humans have been buying the negatively-charged ion bracelets in malls around the world, and now there is a product line devoted to pet therapy. The natural, non-invasive therapy comes in a patented design that slips right over your pet’s collar. The theory behind these magnetic collars is that it helps to increase blood flow, supply more nutrients, and speed oxygen through the system to speed the healing process.
Now, I understand that a lot of people don’t buy into this type of “therapy”. But, we prescribe to the theory that if you believe something will work, it will work. And really, it can’t hurt, so why not give it a try? After a month of wearing the magnetic collar, we charted our dog’s results and know that Cheiss is walking better, moving a little more actively, and is more inclined to play since he’s been wearing his magnetic collar. As a result, we have even picked up a little magnetic bracelet for me! The price of the collars range from $5.99 - $7.99, depending on size.
The Silver Tails™ brand delivers a line of products for senior pets that addresses issues such as alleviating pain and discomfort, lack of mobility, decreased appetite, hygiene, dental care or just plain boredom. The entire line is available online or at a Petco near you.
Next week, we’ll be back to discuss the Silver Tails Dog Bamboo Charcoal Pet Bed Covers and the Silver Tails Dog Infrared Massager with 2-Heated Heads.
Other articles about senior pets from PetsWeekly:
|Last Updated on Saturday, 09 March 2013 20:34|
- Keeping Your Pets Teeth Clean (Without the Hassle) #SmoochUrPooch
- Clear Conscience Clear Label Treats
- PetsGEEKly: GoGo Dog Pals for Prey-Driven Dogs
- WaterCollar - A PFD for Dogs
- PetsGEEKly: World's First Implantable GPS Microchip
- QuikShade Beds for Pets
- FDA Warns Tear-Stain Removal Companies
- TELO-20: Extending Your Dog's Lifespan
- PetsGEEKly: Motorola Scout 66 Wi-fi Pet Monitor
- Revitamal #AntiAgingPets Supplement for All Species
- 5 Steps to Setting up your First Aquarium
- This DIY Pet Bed is the Cat's Meow
- Wally's World: Featured Adoption
- 10 Possible Reasons Your Cat Is Behaving Badly
- Cats in the Online Gaming World
- Teaching Children to Approach Horses
- Before and After Pictures of Rescued Pets Show Inner Beauty
- Desert Dangers: The Bark Scorpion
- Titus: A Cautionary Tale
- An Ode to My Dogs