- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Hairballs|
|Written by Stacy Mantle|
|Wednesday, 25 April 2012 16:02|
And now, we bring to you the Top 15 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Hairballs:
1. The average cat spends 1/3 of their waking life grooming themselves. Let’s do the math:
2. The average person spends 1 hour per week staring at a regurgitated hairball and wondering what it is. (Okay, we made that stat up, but the rest of the stats in this article are true).
3. The average cat consumes 173 grams of cat hair each year. That’s about 6 ounces, which is the equivalent of 30 quarters or $7.50. It’s also the equivalent of 86 Ruby-throated hummingbirds.
4. The largest hairball ever removed from a cat was 5 inches wide (12.5 cm) and weighed in at a whopping 7.5 ounces. The surgery was performed by Cromwell Vet Group in Cambridgeshire, England on a cat named Gemma. (Side note: We discovered that the UK will write news stories about ANYTHING!)
You may also enjoy:
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 06:34|
- PetsGeekly: Helpful Pet Gadgets for an Automatic Life
- Are you ready for some football?
- 5 Products that Changed My Dog's Lives
- Choosing the Right Pet Box
- Giving Back with 1-800-Pet-Meds
- The Advantages of Spiked Collars
- Our Holiday Tradition: Footed Pajamas
- Zukes Offers Joint Support Treats (With Eggshell Membrane)!
- The Bissell Deluxe Pet PowerGlide Vacuum
- Durable Coats To Keep Pets Warm in Winter
- Creating the Ultimate Cat Enclosure
- My Dogs Ate Your Elf on a Shelf
- The Old Man and His Dog
- A Guide To Raising Butterflies
- Join us at WoofStock
- PetSafe Paw Print Blogger Summit
- Helping Those Who Help Animals with 1-800-Pet-Meds
- The Life of St. Francis of Assisi
- Close Encounters of the Furry Kind
- Lessons on Being a Writer That I Learned from my Cats