- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Hairballs|
|Written by Stacy Mantle|
|Wednesday, 25 April 2012 16:02|
And now, we bring to you the Top 15 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Hairballs:
1. The average cat spends 1/3 of their waking life grooming themselves. Let’s do the math:
That only leaves 7 hours per day to play, demand food, stare at you in a condescending manner, and vomit hairballs on to your Persian rug.
2. The average person spends 1 hour per week staring at a regurgitated hairball and wondering what it is. (Okay, we made that stat up, but the rest of the stats in this article are true).
4. The largest hairball ever removed from a cat was 5 inches wide (12.5 cm) and weighed in at a whopping 7.5 ounces. The surgery was performed by Cromwell Vet Group in Cambridgeshire, England on a cat named Gemma. (Side note: We discovered that the UK will write news stories about ANYTHING!)
You may also enjoy:
|Last Updated on Friday, 25 April 2014 17:13|
- Wine (and Dogs) Are Better with Age
- A Look at LICKS Pill-Free Supplements
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- 2014 Holiday Gift List for Dogs & Their People
- The New Cargo Liner from #SeatCovers4Knines
- PetsGEEKly: A look at the Neato Robotic Vacuum
- Use of the Cold Laser on Pets
- Using the ResQWalk App to Raise Funds for Animals
- Keeping Your Pets Teeth Clean (Without the Hassle) #SmoochUrPooch
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Can I Come Over and Ride Your Horse?
- Catifying Your Home: Design for the pampered cat
- Review of Healthy Horse Hors D’oeuvres
- Stray Dogs Attend Funeral of Woman
- Annual Arabian Horse Show
- Valentine’s Day Goes to the Dogs
- 10 Weird Things We Have to Explain to Visitors
- How to Choose A Farrier
- Join us at Woofstock in Chandler, AZ