- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Cassie and her Cat-A-Pole|
|Written by Pack Leader|
|Friday, 10 August 2012 16:48|
While we were at BlogPaws this past month, we stopped by the Catifcation lounge. This was a one-stop shop for â€śall things catâ€ť and it was here that we learned about the new Cat-A-Pole cat toy. Kate from Modern Cat was kind enough to give us one to try out and itâ€™s fair to say our house has not been the same since...
As you know, we have been working with Purina One on their True Nature of Cats program, which means we have been exploring new and interactive ways to keep our cats entertained. The Cat A Pole toy is one way we have done this. With scheduled playtimes, our home is more regulated and our cats are much happier. The Cat A Pole has become the most sought-after form of entertainment.
Each morning, Cassie demands her playtime with this toy. We have to hide it when not in use but she knows where it is. Every day, she runs over to the closet and while it appears to be simple enough, the unique design allows for a more focused hunting experience. The Cat-A-Pole does not use a string for attaching the toy. Instead the toy is attached to a long thin plastic tube. This is what creates the unpredictable motion, but best of all, thereâ€™s no string to get tangled. The design allows you to more easily simulate a live prey scenario and with just a flick of the wrist, you can turn the â€śbaitâ€ť into a bird, a mouse, or even a fly. It is designed to create a fabulous, unpredictable motion that is endlessly intriguing to cats.
Originally the pole came with a small â€śpom and featherâ€ť bait toy, but our cats made short work of that. We have since gone through three â€śbaitâ€ť changes and the end is now held together with duct tape. This is not to say that the toy isnâ€™t well-designed, because it is. In fact, itâ€™s one of the best designed and most well-thought out toys weâ€™ve seen. We just have incredibly destructive cats â€“ especially when they love something.
In fact, we need two more. At least. And thatâ€™s good because Cat-A-Pole is running a special where you can get two Cat-A-Poles for only $35. Only need one? Itâ€™s a mere $19.95 if you order direct from Cat-A-Pole.
We highly recommend this toy â€“ itâ€™s been the best thing in the world for satisfying our catâ€™s natural tendencies to hunt, and tiring them out so they donâ€™t keep us up at all hours of the night.
For more great cat toys, check out these articles:
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer.
|Last Updated on Friday, 19 April 2013 22:12|
- Customizable Dog Gear from PrideBites
- Petco Introduces Home Delivery
- Motorola WIRELESSFENCE25 Wireless Pet Fence System
- Worldwise and Quaker Pet Group Merge
- InsectShield Protects Pets from Mosquitoes
- Wine (and Dogs) Are Better with Age
- A Look at LICKS Pill-Free Supplements
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- 2014 Holiday Gift List for Dogs & Their People
- Finding A Reptile for your Family #ReptileCare
- Whoâ€™s Your Daddy? The Case for Knowing Your Dogâ€™s DNA
- Happy Father's Day - From the Dog
- Happy Father's Day - From the Cats
- NM Creates Cat Library
- Recap of Blogpaws 2015
- When TSA Takes Your Catnip
- Biosecurity at the Barn
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Can I Come Over and Ride Your Horse?