- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Written by Pack Leader|
|Monday, 05 July 2010 22:16|
Today we're looking at some materials you can use to either fence off your entire yard, or just build a cat enclosure. Either way, you're going to love this system from Purrfect Fence!
As you no doubt know by now, no less than fourteen cats own my very loving husband and me. Now these fourteen cats are unusual for many reasons, but they are most unusual in that they have, over the last 8 years, moved from being feral cats, to being "feral-ly" wild cats, to being "feral-ly" domesticated cats, to being "feral-ly" tolerable cats.
Feral cats, to begin with, are not the easiest animals in the world to get along with. Even when they have become "ferally domesticated", they remain difficult to live with. Obviously they are fiercely independent; they generally do not take instruction well, and are mostly argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. They also enjoy roaming outside, remaining hidden under the cloak of night, where they can stalk innocent and unsuspecting dogs that walk the sidewalks with their owners on the safety of leashes. Our "ferally" domesticated cats' hobbies include spraying the windshields of neighbor's cars, pooping in meticulously cared for gardens, and creating as much noise as possible in the earliest morning hours. Their yowls rival those of Chewbacca in Star Wars (who, rumor has it, was a very large, space age, overgrown feral cat), despite the fact that they are all "fixed", and because of all of these bad habits, they have quickly made us the most unpopular people in our neighborhood.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 18 August 2012 01:40|
- Customizable Dog Gear from PrideBites
- Petco Introduces Home Delivery
- Motorola WIRELESSFENCE25 Wireless Pet Fence System
- Worldwise and Quaker Pet Group Merge
- InsectShield Protects Pets from Mosquitoes
- Wine (and Dogs) Are Better with Age
- A Look at LICKS Pill-Free Supplements
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- 2014 Holiday Gift List for Dogs & Their People
- Finding A Reptile for your Family #ReptileCare
- Who’s Your Daddy? The Case for Knowing Your Dog’s DNA
- Happy Father's Day - From the Dog
- Happy Father's Day - From the Cats
- NM Creates Cat Library
- Recap of Blogpaws 2015
- When TSA Takes Your Catnip
- Biosecurity at the Barn
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Can I Come Over and Ride Your Horse?