- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Written by Pack Leader|
|Monday, 05 July 2010 22:16|
Today we're looking at some materials you can use to either fence off your entire yard, or just build a cat enclosure. Either way, you're going to love this system from Purrfect Fence!
As you no doubt know by now, no less than fourteen cats own my very loving husband and me. Now these fourteen cats are unusual for many reasons, but they are most unusual in that they have, over the last 8 years, moved from being feral cats, to being "feral-ly" wild cats, to being "feral-ly" domesticated cats, to being "feral-ly" tolerable cats.
Feral cats, to begin with, are not the easiest animals in the world to get along with. Even when they have become "ferally domesticated", they remain difficult to live with. Obviously they are fiercely independent; they generally do not take instruction well, and are mostly argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. They also enjoy roaming outside, remaining hidden under the cloak of night, where they can stalk innocent and unsuspecting dogs that walk the sidewalks with their owners on the safety of leashes. Our "ferally" domesticated cats' hobbies include spraying the windshields of neighbor's cars, pooping in meticulously cared for gardens, and creating as much noise as possible in the earliest morning hours. Their yowls rival those of Chewbacca in Star Wars (who, rumor has it, was a very large, space age, overgrown feral cat), despite the fact that they are all "fixed", and because of all of these bad habits, they have quickly made us the most unpopular people in our neighborhood.
|Last Updated on Saturday, 18 August 2012 01:40|
- PetsGeekly: Helpful Pet Gadgets for an Automatic Life
- Are you ready for some football?
- 5 Products that Changed My Dog's Lives
- Choosing the Right Pet Box
- Giving Back with 1-800-Pet-Meds
- The Advantages of Spiked Collars
- Our Holiday Tradition: Footed Pajamas
- Zukes Offers Joint Support Treats (With Eggshell Membrane)!
- The Bissell Deluxe Pet PowerGlide Vacuum
- Durable Coats To Keep Pets Warm in Winter
- Creating the Ultimate Cat Enclosure
- My Dogs Ate Your Elf on a Shelf
- The Old Man and His Dog
- A Guide To Raising Butterflies
- Join us at WoofStock
- PetSafe Paw Print Blogger Summit
- Helping Those Who Help Animals with 1-800-Pet-Meds
- The Life of St. Francis of Assisi
- Close Encounters of the Furry Kind
- Lessons on Being a Writer That I Learned from my Cats