- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Hazardous Household Items|
|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 06 September 2010 02:47|
The following common house-hold products are TOXIC and DEADLY to birds. A bird’s biology is so different from ours that things we do not even sense can and DO kill them! Remember the old "canary in the coal mine"…. Also consider: if it capable of killing our birds quickly….what is it doing to us slowly?
Read on to find a list of things you need to avoid if you have birds (or reptiles, which are also highly sensitive). This checklist is being brought to you from The Oasis Sanctuary - and they are in need of assistance. Print this out and keep it close by, refer your family and friends to their site and let's get these birds the help they need.
One of the main things you should avoid if you have birds (and it's not a bad idea to avoid them in general) is:
When heated, these coatings produce a CLEAR and ODORLESS gas. The only warning you have is your bird falling over dead.
Check your house out carefully. Your bird can be in the other end of the house and still have a strong enough reaction to die!
Foods not to give your bird:
The Oasis relies on you for support, so why not donate now? Visit The Oasis Sanctuary now and learn what they're doing to make this world a better place for our feathered friends.blog comments powered by Disqus
- PetsGEEKly: World's First Implantable GPS Microchip
- QuikShade Beds for Pets
- FDA Warns Tear-Stain Removal Companies
- TELO-20: Extending Your Dog's Lifespan
- PetsGEEKly: Motorola Scout 66 Wi-fi Pet Monitor
- Revitamal #AntiAgingPets Supplement for All Species
- PetsGEEKly: Samsung SmartCam HD Pro
- Why You May Need to Have an Indoor Potty for Pets
- Merrick Pet Food and the #BestDogEver
- Cleaning Tips for Shedding (and Dust) Season
- Wally's World: Featured Adoption
- 10 Possible Reasons Your Cat Is Behaving Badly
- Cats in the Online Gaming World
- Teaching Children to Approach Horses
- Before and After Pictures of Rescued Pets Show Inner Beauty
- Desert Dangers: The Bark Scorpion
- Titus: A Cautionary Tale
- An Ode to My Dogs
- Cashel Crusader Fly Mask Review
- Get Killed Off by George RR Martin and Help Save the Wolves