- Fish & Ponds
- Wild Side
|Hazardous Household Items|
|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 06 September 2010 02:47|
The following common house-hold products are TOXIC and DEADLY to birds. A bird‚Äôs biology is so different from ours that things we do not even sense can and DO kill them! Remember the old "canary in the coal mine"‚Ä¶. Also consider: if it capable of killing our birds quickly‚Ä¶.what is it doing to us slowly?
Read on to find a list of things you need to avoid if you have birds (or reptiles, which are also highly sensitive). This checklist is being brought to you from The Oasis Sanctuary - and they are in need of assistance. Print this out and keep it close by, refer your family and friends to their site and let's get these birds the help they need.
One of the main things you should avoid if you have birds (and it's not a bad idea to avoid them in general) is:
When heated, these coatings produce a CLEAR and ODORLESS gas. The only warning you have is your bird falling over dead.
Check your house out carefully. Your bird can be in the other end of the house and still have a strong enough reaction to die!
Foods not to give your bird:
The Oasis relies on you for support, so why not donate now? Visit The Oasis Sanctuary now and learn what they're doing to make this world a better place for our feathered friends.blog comments powered by Disqus
- Top 10 Favorite New Products at SuperZoo
- Customizable Dog Gear from PrideBites
- Petco Introduces Home Delivery
- Motorola WIRELESSFENCE25 Wireless Pet Fence System
- Worldwise and Quaker Pet Group Merge
- InsectShield Protects Pets from Mosquitoes
- Wine (and Dogs) Are Better with Age
- A Look at LICKS Pill-Free Supplements
- The ClickIt Utility Harness: Crash-tested for pets
- Photographer Central Changes the Way You Take Photos
- Burned Paws, Hot Pavement, Felony Offense
- The Wonderful World of Flyball
- Kitten Rescued from Drainpipe
- FREE National Microchip Registry
- Hurricane Katrina: 10 Years Later
- The Truth About Pit Bulls
- Finding A Reptile for your Family #ReptileCare
- Who‚Äôs Your Daddy? The Case for Knowing Your Dog‚Äôs DNA
- Happy Father's Day - From the Dog
- Happy Father's Day - From the Cats